Monday, May 23

trust in Jehovah and do good

so, i quit my job. i'm getting good at that.

it was too many hours. they wanted me to be full time, and i couldn't handle it, so i left. i had been thinking about it for a while, but i wasn't sure if i was just being lazy, or if it really was too much. the schedule i made on paper looked like it could work, but not in reality. i had a hard time deciding if the job was a blessing or a temptation. but then i talked to my family about it, and steve asked me if the job was affecting my joy in service, and it definitely was. i hadn't been able to get over ten hours a week or catch up to most of my rv's since i started there, which was not making me happy. i had considered staying until i found something else, but if i had i would have had no chance of getting my time this month. so i quit.

i kept thinking about how when i first arrived in mazatlan i had no idea what i was doing. i knew no one, i had nowhere to live, i had never lived on my own, nothing. but Jehovah provided for me. everything worked out wonderfully. i felt like i had leapt off a cliff, and he had caught me. (anyone seen rescuers down under? the little boy and the eagle.... like that). so i decided i needed to do that again. i said a prayer, and told my boss. he made me feel kinda naive and stupid, cause he didn't understand why i couldn't make it work, or how i thought i was going to support myself. but i realized it doesn't matter what he thinks. plus (this happened last thursday) when i studied for the ministry school, the instruction talk dealt with 'does Jehovah notice what we do?' and it discussed the widow of zarapheth. it was exactly what i needed to hear.

'let you manner of life be free of the love of money, while you are content with the present things. for he has said: "i will by no means leave you nor by any means forsake you." so that we may be of good courage and say: "Jehovah is my helper; i will not be afraid. what can man do to me?" ' - hebrews 13:5, 6.

so i'm broke and unemployed again. but i have plenty of time to catch up in service, and i have an interview at a bank tomorrow. i just hope i can still make it to calgary for my mexican reunion. my car runs on holy spirit anyway. plus, did anybody notice that will ferrel commented on my blog? that pretty much completes me. i can die happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You complete me too Erin!

Anonymous said...

Im SO PROUD of ya leaping.

Anonymous said...

It's a simple question: Do you want to go to Mars with a dead guy and a sandwich? Yes or no?


Harry Carey:
Also, if we didn't dream, our brains would devour themselves, in madness and paranoia. The Viet Cong knew that. That's why they used sleep deprivation as a form of torture!
[ long drawn-out pause ]
Anyway, that's all the time we have! Hey! Join us next week at nine o'clock Eastern time, and watch me eat an entire planet! [ stagehand whispers in Harry's ear ] Oh! Thanks, Pete! That's actually eight o'clock Eastern time. I'm still going to eat a planet! See you then!