Wednesday, March 3

trying to get as far away from myself as i can

my thirty days is now down to 19. i like the sounds of that. over a third down. and it's still going pretty well.

last night i had a major ice cream craving. we made our way down to the market on yates hoping to discover a treat that reasonably resembles ice cream and yet is made without either dairy or sugar. ask a lot, don't i?

would you believe, i found something! and it was even good!

at first i was just looking at the sorbets because i couldn't believe any of the soy or rice options would actually satisfy. but my craving demanded creamy and chocolate so i decided to at least have a look. i could try something new there every week for a year at least. but the one that caught my eye was the so delicious coconut milk frozen dessert. i was skeptical. but i am converted. it was delicious.

the ingredients list is beautifully short. coconut milk. agave syrup. chicory root. cocoa. and a couple types of gum. it was pricey, but still less than a little ben and jerry's or haagen daaz. of course i devoured the entire thing already.

i might celebrate day 31 with a tub of the chocolate-peanut butter swirl. mmmmmm.

4 comments:

Traci said...

OMG, Erin, I love So Delicious coconut milk ice cream! The chocolate flavor is light and creamy, just like frozen chocolate mousse. And if you can find the Turtle Trails flavor, it's absolutely heavenly!

erin said...

o it is like mousse! and i'll look for the turtles - i'm guessing it has caramel in it? that sounds amazing. this stuff is a godsend.

mom me said...

im gonna look for it. i havent had ice cream for years!

Britt said...

Speaking of coconut milk, when I was not eating gluten or dairy we made Thai-ish curries with it that were delicious over rice. I crave rich, creamy foods and it seemed to satisfy me.
And sometimes for my one piece of fruit per day, I would bake a nice sweet apple and sprinkle cinnamon over it.