Tuesday, March 15

in sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came

because britta changed the template of her blog, i was intrigued and curious. for the fun of it, i flipped through the other templates just now. while i have to admit i was tempted to copy britta and switch to a template named "split pea," as soon as i realized that the template i had already chosen was named "son of moto," i was satisfied. really, what does that even mean? it's so ridiculous, i love it even more.

so i'm home. i've been home for almost two weeks. and it's strange because it's almost as though i was never gone at all. i was miserable on the plane. i was dismayed that an entire life could be over in a matter of a half a day. mexico quickly dissipated into vague, dreamlike memories. and the drive felt like watching a movie in reverse; staying at the same places, visiting the same people, neatly tying up the ends of the trip. once i got home, nothing had really changed. and right away i got a really bad cold that kept me curled up in the fetal position with a hot water bottle for over a week. that only fed my misery and self-pity. but now i'm out of it. being out in service is great. and i had my special assembly day on sunday, so that made me pretty happy.

this also makes me pretty happy:

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!!
(a deep thought by jack handey)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HaHa. Your my hero.

WE Are all glad your home.

britt said...

I was going to take my little nephew to DisneyLand, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "DisneyLand burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. (another Deep Thought)