Friday, April 22

i want a house on the beach and you in my dreams

the last present i bought in mexico was a gorgeous summer dress for my niece. i used the last of my money because i just had to have it for her. and it's barely big enough to fit her as a shirt. i left a baby and came back to a little girl. people aren't kidding when they say kids grow up fast. and i guess it seems a lot faster when you don't see them for six months. she's as gorgeous as ever, and still a good kid. she's talking lots. and she still loves uncle steve. she comes alive when he gets home. and she still eats all my food. i was eating a cracker with peanut butter and banana, and she smoothly slid off her chair and inched over to me. she picked up a banana slice and gave it to me, watching my reaction. she then proceeded to eat every piece of banana off my cracker, and the one in my hand. then she asked me to pick up the cracker. "why?" i asked.

"so i can eat it."

at least she's learned one thing from me.

so i got a third job. i just don't know how to say no. this one is for a local newspaper, so i'm actually kind of excited about it. i'm nervous because it's advertising sales, and i have never done that. but they are willing to take a chance on me. they think i have the right personality for it, since i'm so nice and likable. though they did say i was too quiet, and i should work on being firmer. if it doesn't work out, they keep mentioning that it at least gets my foot in the door in case anything opens up in ad design. which would be amazing. anyway, it's casual part-time. i'm not entirely sure what is involved, and it sounds like the hours are going to be kinda unpredictable. should be fun.

1 comment:

britt said...

Dare I say I sense affection for a child in this post?