Monday, February 18

it's so easy to leave me

last night i dreamed that i was getting married. i was surprisingly calm about the whole thing, especially considering it was after 10pm the day of the wedding and i had absolutely no plans. my mom and my girls were getting me ready and i kept remembering things i should have done, like find a dress or ask people to come, and they would tell me they had taken care of it. then i would wander off and get distracted watching tv or doing something else completely unrelated. finally i decided i should see the guy i was going to marry, since, somehow, this hadn't happened before. it was only after i met him and saw that he had a mullet that i started to worry. thankfully i woke up.

i'm guessing this was prompted by the news that cody cloarec is engaged to his sweet little marissa. i very much want to be at the wedding but unless a miracle occurs i highly doubt it will happen. it'd be fantastic though.

you may notice i've made some changes. i've also finally added the pictures from my trip... it only took me how many months? four? that's progress. at least i actually did it. the links should be down on the right somewhere. enjoy.

i went to cats this past friday. it was a spontaneous whim - read about it thursday and bought myself a ticket for the next night. it was splendid. and strange. so very, very odd. i knew going in that it was all about cats and that the lyrics were taken from poetry by t.s. eliot, but there is a difference between knowing and experiencing. i spent the entire first act baffled but gave up on trying to make sense of it for the second. that made it much more enjoyable.

2 comments:

Serena said...

better than my dream, which I dreamt, that I had hanta virus (the one you get from dust o' mouse poop). Mice did live in our apartment, they rented a space at the bottom of the fridge, but then gave their notice and took up the stove underbelly. More spacious and minimalist I reckon. SO enjoyed your road shots. Like I just went across Canada in 20 minutes, at, er 3:30 a.m. But I'm still not tired!

Anonymous said...

i love the new theme of the blog. awesome design.

i wish i was as talented as you is. ha huh.(hick up)

where are the links where? where are they?