Friday, July 4

my heart is always on the line

last night i was putting aloe gel on my sunburnt back when i felt something a little strange. i quickly got in front of my mirror and tried to look over my shoulder to (hopefully) prove that what i had felt was not what i thought it was. unfortunately it only confirmed my fears. i had a hair a good six inches long growing out of the central to lower area on my back. six inches! get out a ruler and see for yourself how disgustingly long that is! it's half a subway sandwich.

of course, i left it in until monica and beth got home so i could share this treasure my body had generated for me. it was when we were trying to colour it with a marker so it would show up in pictures that it came out. it sends shivers down my spine just talking about it.

not that that stops me. i tend to enjoy things that send shivers down my spine.

so when i got to work today i had to share this with people. one of them reacted like this happens to her all the time. she wasn't surprised or creeped out. she just said it must have been an ingrown that i had pulled out when i was rubbing the aloe in. i could have hair growing all over inside my body! have you heard of this before?

i'm fascinated and horrified. and i'm not alone in this! google it. you get all kinds of information, pictures... there is even a video on youtube of a guy pulling out his ingrown hair! we humans are quite gross.

3 comments:

Agrican said...

I truly relish the capriciousness of your blog. You never know what to expect. One day you are quoting Douglas Adams, the next you are creating works of art. Now you are educating us on a somewhat revolting yet fascinating deformity/error?, that occur within our bodies. Just reading about you pulling that hair out caused me to cover my face and cringe.

Anonymous said...

erin christine munn!

oh my word! usally i dont find myself in the computer room laughing out loud to myself... well i do... but i try and not laugh that hard that someone in the other room has to ask what im laughing at...

thats repulsive, but i love that you waited till erin and monica got home so you could show them.

Anonymous said...

I think a little puke came up as I read the length of your experience.. whit said I would laugh, but instead I got shivers down my spine, a cringe on my face, and a bit of puke in my mouth... but strangely fascinating.