Wednesday, February 4

i must have slipped between his teeth

twenty-five things about me

1. i am an introverted, intuitive, thinking, judging, rational mastermind. that means i am anal, ruled by logic, and fiercely independent.

2. sometimes my mom calls me sweetcheeks. i know she calls other people this too but it makes me feel very special when she says it to me.

3. i love my family immensely. they are my favourite people in the world. i love that we are all uniquely dysfunctional people on our own but that we can come together and laugh about it.

4. i have more than my fair share of amazing friends in my life. not sure how that has happened but i am constantly blown away by it.

5. i would rather be interesting than happy.

6. i am a compulsive knitter and reader. i wish i had other hobbies that i consider more cool or productive, such as painting or sewing, but to some extent i think hobbies pick you and not the other way around.

7. i want to see, do, try, and experience everything. most of the time this feeling is so overwhelming i am paralyzed by indecision and instead do nothing.

8. my dream trip is russia.

9. i consider myself a writer even though i haven't written anything seriously since high school.

10. i believe all men are either liars and scum or pansy momma's boys. sorry dad, you fall under momma's boy. but that's one of the things i love about you.

11. i still believe in love.

12. i have always felt that redheads are a superior people living among us. i only wish i was one and i hope they accept my imitation as a form of honouring them.

13. i am so cheap i save and reuse tea bags.

14. generally i prefer to eat brown rice, vegetables, and homemade soup but once i bought a warehouse pack of chocolate pop tarts and lived off it for a week. and another time, after a mild emotional breakdown, i ate an entire two litre tub of rolo ice cream in one sitting.

15. i hate getting older because i don't think i'm learning enough in the process. also, i miss my naive idealism.

16. wearing rain boots makes me feel invincible.

17. my one true love was morton gunther adolf schmidt, an '87 vw jetta. i loved him more than i like most people and when he died i cried longer and harder than i have about anything else. i find this funny and sad at the same time.

18. sometimes i feel my most dominant emotion is envy. i'm really working to become someone who rejoices when others rejoice without any thought for myself.

19. i have an unprecedented capacity for sleep. my secret talent involves getting up at the last possible moment and being washed, dressed, and out the door within ten minutes.

20. i need people more than i care to admit. even to myself. i wish i was a better people-person. i don't even really know what that means and that may be the beginning of my problem.

21. the blues is my favourite form of music. it honestly portrays the messiness of life in a way that makes you want to dance.

22. i am most grateful for Jehovah's forgiveness for many reasons, one being that it is teaching me to forgive myself.

23. sometimes i feel that people - even those closest to me - are afraid of me. this is the loneliest feeling i know.

24. i find kilts sexy.

25. i am most at peace when walking at night. i look forward to the time when i can do this without people worrying about me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that was the most insightful post i've read on this blog. i feel that i have come to understand you more this last year that you have been away, than all those years before. I thought i knew erin munn, but there were always black holes that i didn't quite understand. reading your blog has filled some of those holes. In doing so you have become closer to me even though your so far away... how sappy is that!
oh and speaking of knitting, I pulled out the lovely knitted bra you made just last week! ahhh the wonderful memories.

love ya
kandis

Anonymous said...

i want a knitted bra. maybe a knitted sports bra??? angela S.

Agrican said...

Its sad that you think you have to sacrifice your happiness so that others will think you are an interesting person.

Wouldn't being a INTJ mean that if you were doing things with the sole purpose of impressing others in hopes of making them think you are interesting, cause you to be unhappy because deep down you would know that you are not being true to yourself? This could cause some serious problems later in life.

Lastly reading is about the best hobby/pastime anyone could have. It exercises your imagination expands your vocabulary, improves spelling and writing skills, and fills you with knowledge.

whitty said...

i know a liar scum and mommas boy all in one guy!