Tuesday, September 4

Stage Two: Nelson and the Wedding or Love is Alive and Well in the Kootenays:

My awesome little red-headed Britta was getting married. So strange. But great, as it turns out. We spent the week putting together all the little details and hanging out with some fantastic people. Including Ryan, of course, as he was the groom-to-be. And many others, some whose emails I either lost or never got. (Chantelle, Tanys, Amanda, Brad, Mike - if you’re out there, you should get a hold of me). There was much laughter and frivolity along with a little panic and frustration. It all came together in the end. The wedding was gorgeous. Very classy. It seemed like everyone had a blast.

Ryan and Britta generously let me stay at their place when they went on their honeymoon. The plan was to hang out in Nelson until Monica showed up with Ava and Savanna. Unfortunately, her departure kept getting delayed due to circumstances beyond her control. Not that I minded staying in Nelson for as long as it took. I would have been content to live there. I think it’s my favourite place at the moment. (If you’re ever there you must go to Full Circle for breakfast. I could eat there everyday.)

It was nice too because I got to spend time with my parents and Steve, which I hadn’t really done before I left PG. One night John and Karen (Britta’s parents) took me and my mom and dad out in their sailboat for some late night dessert and stargazing. We watched the meteor shower and drank hot chocolate. Does it get better than that? I say, not so much.

2 comments:

Person said...

good design job you got there on you blog.,. tis inspiring to me.... whos ava? so confused. luv whit

Anonymous said...

aahhh nelson. *sigh