Saturday, September 15

with a whisper and a hush the fields revealed themselves to me

we made it to winnipeg. it's weird to think that if we hadn't changed the plan this would be the end of the road for us. our fun has only begun. we're camping in the kingdom hall parking lot again here. it's the cheapest and safest choice, i think.

winnipeg is neat. lots of history. that just means we saw big old buildings as we drove in to town. we also drove through a hood. it was scary. i thought we might get shot. apparently poverty is a big problem here.

i don't have a whole lot to say yet. we haven't done a whole lot. we're going to explore the city now. hopefully after we find somewhere for me to brush my teeth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well Erin i'm truly travelling thru Canada with you. I love your postings and am following them faithfully if not even a little obsessively. I've never taken the trip myself since my travelling days have yet to start but your tales and adventures and captivating writing style set the imagination into high gear and i'm genuinely enjoying every mile. So carry on my friend.....i'm all buckled in.

britt said...

i had a dream the other day that i was sifting through the sand on the beach of an island and i looked up and saw a turquoise suitcase bobbing in the water. i waded out to it and peered through the small window in the top and there you were, knitting away.

keep the stories coming, my adventuress.