Sunday, October 24

the edible suitcase

days til mexico: 4

that's only three days of packing. but i'm not feeling too stressed anymore. i'm trying to focus on spending time with the people that are important to me before i go. i'd hate for my family's last memories of my leaving to be me crabby and stressed out. and i realized that everything is going to be fine. so what if i don't get everything perfectly organized. if i forget something, i'm sure i can survive without it. and if i can't, then i suppose i'll buy it, or have my mom send it to me.

last night my congregation had a "surprise" party for me. i'd known about it for weeks, but it was still great. actually, it was kind of a surprise, cause i didn't realize how many people would be there, or that so many people cared that i was going. i mean, it is only for four months. it was really... heartwarming... you know, cheesy words like that... to realize that my congregation cares about me so much. it was absolutely wonderful. *sigh* let's all take a moment to relish the blessing of our christian brotherhood...


plus, they made me a cake that looked like a suitcase. these people are great.

No comments: