Thursday, February 4

sleep while i slip poison in your ear

i am still on my home made food kick (it's lasted for days and days now! i think that's a record.) today i received my instructables newsletter, which i always find inspiring. i started out browsing the candy recipes hoping for something sweet and delicious but not so full of sugar. from what i could see, sugar is a necessary ingredient in candy. i got distracted pretty quickly, though, so there may be something out there i just didn't see.

what i did find is this amazing recipe for making your own mozzarella cheese!


How to Make Great Fresh Mozzarella Cheese - More DIY How To Projects

who knew? unfortunately, i am supposed to be cutting all sugar - sucrose, lactose, fructose, happiness-ose - out of my diet. just for the time being. it was strongly advised by a professional. don't worry about my being extreme. she actually advised that i be slapped if i continue to consume any form of sugar until my body has a chance to sort things out and heal itself. but i'll be right back at fruit and dairy (and beer) as soon as i'm given the go-ahead. until then... you should make this cheese and let me know how it works out! i'm dying to try it.

2 comments:

Britt said...

I have totally been wanting to try to make cheese too!
Cutting out sugar is hard. I feel for you. I don't really crave sweet things, but I'm still definitely addicted to sugar. Fruit is my drug of choice. I was allowed to have one piece a day. So my "one piece" became one whole mini watermelon. Or a huge pomegranate. Or a branch of grapes. I might have been missing the point...

monica said...

i admire your determination. and i will support it by eating a large portion of what i was going to send to you.