Thursday, February 25

something i could do to make you smile again

i've been laid low the past couple days with a headache like a freight train. from what i've read that is not a symptom of sugar withdrawal. besides, the headache hit monday morning and i can't imagine barely 24 hours would make my head explode.

whatever it was, it's gone now. and i am still successfully sugar/gluten free! five days down!

i do have to confess two things. first, i accidentally put cream in my coffee this afternoon and i didn't pour it out as it was the end of the pot. so i drank it. it really wasn't much cream at all. but i had to tell you.

second, my food is still pretty boring. breakfast doesn't concern me. in the morning i'm not interested in much more than getting something in my belly that will last til lunch. the rest of the day i take only as much time as i absolutely need to prepare something simple. even when i cook it's pretty basic.

and snacking is ungood. i do that a lot and it's hard to find something good yet cheap. i hate to buy those prepackaged health snacks. they're ridiculously expensive. plus i really want this to also be about me learning to make my own food. i very much appreciate the suggestions. i'm gonna try the bean salad with cumin tomorrow. if you have any other tips feel free to post them.

2 comments:

mom me said...

according to my list quinoa is allowed. why not make our couscous salad with that instead? also had this at steves for breakfast one morning with dried fruit in it. not sure you allowed the fruit because of the sugar content but it is an idea.

u using stevia at all or nothing sweetner?

erin said...

o ya. that salad is amazing. it's on the save on site, no? i'm allowed two pieces of fresh fruit per day. i usually throw a handful of trail mix in my oatmeal so sometimes i get a couple raisins. as for sweetener, i was using maple syrup (my supply of which i have exhausted) as i was advised it was ok but i have been reading a few things that say it's not. i'll have to double check. stevia's just so expensive. and the flavour is a little strange to me. but quinoa is definitely going on the grocery list.