Saturday, November 20

almost free for you lady

i made my first very expensive mistake. i went shopping.

me and enid and britanny took the day off on thursday and checked out the golden zone. we looked at all the little souvenir shops and i had fun teasing the salespeople into thinking i might actually buy something. in reality i only had enough pesos to take the bus home. but i got an idea of the stuff and the prices, and what i might like to buy in the future. until we discovered the higher end stores. they had some very cool stuff. including a gorgeous mirror that, unfortunately, i fell in love with. and since we all know that erin has no self-control, i went back the next day and bought it. it's beautiful. i'll post a picture if my camera ever works.

about that, actually, we're headed out to the ranch tomorrow morning. about a half hour out of town there's a ranch where a bunch of mexican brothers and sisters live. one of the brothers makes mexican style, wooden furniture, which enid would like. so angie (being the doll that she is) is going to take us out there so enid can see what he has or can make her. which will be great because right now all we have for furniture are our beds and the plastic chairs that were given us for the bookstudy. anyway, there is another brother out there that fixes electronics, and he says he can probably fix my camera. which would be amazing. and save me a lot of money. so here's hoping.

i'm working on my spanish everyday. really, i don't have much choice. i'm surrounded by it. but me and britanny have been practicing on each other, and working with the spanish sisters in service to force us to try to speak it. recently we've started making the jump to forming our own sentences. they're short, improperly conjugated sentences for the most part, but an attempt nonetheless. so my last title was the first sentence i made up completely on my own. it means "i know more girls who would like to come." and when i checked with belen (a very sweet little mexican girl here) as to how to say it, she used the same words, though properly conjugated the verb. i was ecstatic. conjugation is the hardest part. she was explaining all the different tenses to me, and it was making sense, but i forgot a lot of it already. i have to write it down. someone was talking about getting a group together to take lessons, and maybe it would be cheaper that way. otherwise it's 100 pesos an hour. which is way out of my budget. nevermind how much i paid for the mirror, that's not the issue here.

2 comments:

Person said...

i wanna report to u that, someone mentioned that u already have your hours this month *so proud i am* miss u so much! and i regret to tell u cause it was embarassing that someone was talking about u the other day and i almost, ALMOST cried, u c thats how much i miss u *sad face*
u are pleasing jah i can just feel it in my bones! any how i shall be going and doing my school work! tomorrow i get to go out in service YAY! im so excited keep up the good writing. love u. whitney b

Anonymous said...

Whitney you expressed my sentiments exactly! I have mixed feelings about you Miss Munn. I'm exceedingly happy that you are pleasing Jehovah by working where the need is greater, he is definately blessing you with your numerous bible studies and comfortable surroundings (people-wise). But I want you here, too!! I miss you too much. Its not fair...
But I am glad to see you are still yourself... splurges are always worth while!!!

Love Kandis