Sunday, November 14

the hip chick's guide to macrobiotics

i can't believe this society has managed to make my diet trendy and "hip". i am disgusted. but maybe it will mean that i'll be able to find the food i want. so far it has beeen impossible to find seaweed. try to imagine me in a mexican health food store asking for "legumbres de mer" and explaining what i mean through the interpretative dance that i have to use so often. i've come to call it the "stupid gringo" dance. it's one of my favorites.

at the beginning of the week i decided to make it my goal to start two bible studies this week. that's fairly reasonable for a pioneer down here. i prayed and prayed about it. i had been given an rv by an australian brother that went home last week. so on thursday i went to see her, and give her the magazines. while i was there i asked if bernie had told her about the bible study program that we offer, and she said no. so i demonstrated it, and we set up a time and place to meet next week to continue. study numero uno. i still wanted that second one, so i continued praying, and got out everyday, and tried to work territory as much as possible. i had my time for the week by yesterday, but i didn't have that second study, so i was back out this morning. i was hogging all the calls and praying between nearly every door... but the morning was almost over, and the territory was nearly finished. but i still had confidence that Jehovah would give me that second study, so i kept going. on our last door of the day, a girl about my age came to the door, and i asked if she spoke english. anyway, to try to make a long story slightly shorter, she spoke very little english, but understood me perfectly, and said she's too busy to study now, but she'll be back from the states in january and would like to study then. so she asked for my phone number. it was great. i was thrilled. Jehovah's hand is not short.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey gurl,
This is aaron, i'm kinda anonomous but not really. I read the last few and ur trip sounds...holy...crazy amazing. I can't wait to have you back in the country. Then you can show us all ur pictures. Such a lifechanging trip eh? Very cool EE-rin. Anyways, you take good care of urself. Don't forget my rock. And hope everything goes well with those studies :) See ya